A Santa Barbara, California based advisor with over 20 years of experience, helping to create financial confidence and understanding.
The CFS Difference
As a female advisor, Janet brings a unique voice to the table. She educates her clients, listens to their needs and provides them with an appropriate investment strategy and financial plan. We like to work with accounts of all sizes, especially as you work your way towards $1 million (it’s okay to have less to work with us)—we strive to make a difference in our client’s lives. Your goals are our goals, Live Your Dream!
Knowledge is Power—Know what you own, request a second opinion, receive a risk analysis. We pride ourselves as retirement and investment specialists. Learn how the power of fee-only or fee-based portfolio management can help you to look towards low cost, smart beta passive strategies and how they can work for you.
A Woman's Voice
My mission is to provide financial planning and investment advice that creates a more empowered client and stronger generation of women. Honesty, Integrity, Authenticity and Accessibility are my cornerstones. Independence is part of upholding the fiduciary standard-- doing what’s best for the client. Through educational and informative advice, we will work together to build a better future for yourself and your family.
- Ethical Product Implementation
- Women in Transition
- Fee Only Consulting
- A Woman's Voice
- Client's Interest First
- The CFS Difference
- Mutual Funds
- Comprehensive Asset Management Account
- Annuities: Variable and Fixed Products
- Planning: Modular or Comprehensive planning for Estate, Business, Tax and Retirement Planning
- Insurance: Term or Permanent Cash Value Policies (Whole, UL, IndexedUL and VUL)
The financial issues inherent to every divorce case are often times the ones that are the most overlooked. However, once a divorce settlement has been signed, it’s too late to change it. I can help you decide the tough financial decisions such as:
- Who should keep the house?
- How much will it cost to live post divorce?
- How can the retirement accounts be split and the money accessed?
Certified Divorce Financial Analysts™ are trained to answer these questions and more for men and women in the process of divorce and to provide litigation support for their attorneys, which helps them prove and often settle their case.
Consulting: Hourly based consulting to address specific financial planning requests are billed at $250/hr (thru 12/31/2015). Typically for divorce settlement planning, Second Opinion Portfolio Analysis and Comprehensive Planning without asset management or product placement.
Flat/Project Case Consulting: Ranges from $750 to $15,000. (Negotiated in advance.)
Today's women are independent thinkers, and are more than an "untapped market." As an advisor with more than 20 years of experience, I strive to:
- Provide a caring, resourceful financial team approach
- Give advice that applies to your situation, not a company’s canned presentation
- Provide trusted financial guidance as your needs change
- Empower you to take the steps necessary to implement responsibly
- Provide an authentic approach to finances by relating to your situation
- Provide the framework for a long-term Client-to-Advisor relationship
I affirm to you, my client, that I will conduct myself as a fiduciary investment coach and financial advisor. I commit at all times during our advisory relationship to the following core fiduciary obligations...
"Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail."
- Josh Billings